Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Prenatal Appointment #10

--
I had my 10th prenatal appointment yesterday. Everything is looking great!
--
Blood pressure is "perfect" according to the nurse (last week it was 110/70 and this week it was 110/68 - I'm very consistent!!; no swelling to report and doctor says that weight gain is "excellent"!
--
The baby's heartbeat was 142. I measured at 36 inches - which is fine for being 37 weeks and 4 days along - I continue to measure average as far as the baby's growth - while the measurement did not change it does mean anything regarding the baby's growth. The doctor is very pleased with the growth he is seeing and it is also a subjective measurement in a sense.
--
I tested negative for the Group B Strep - YAY - no worries about the whole antibiotic thing! And it interesting because I tested positive with both the girls. Although I do not think it is any indication of the gender - it does make you wonder whether this one really is a boy as Daddy has predicted!
--
Total weight gain to date: 34.2 pounds
--
I go back next Tuesday for another visit. It will be very uneventful - weight check, blood pressure, pee-in-a-cup, hear the heartbeat and check to ensure baby remains head down!
--
We're pretty much just waiting for the baby to decide he/she is ready to arrive - we're in no hurry - we truly believe the baby will come when the baby is ready. Or according to Brannon - the baby will be here on the 9th of December!
--
I will leave you with this picture just because I love it! I know I just posted it on the main page - but my intention is to print this "journal" and make something out of it!
--

--

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You sound so calm and peaceful in your last few days before the baby comes. That is wonderful. I'm excited to find out if it's a boy or a girl. My vote was a girl.

amanda said...

isn't it crazy how fast the pregnancy seems to fly after it is your 3rd pregnancy? i know each of mine seemed progressively faster. hope it continues well. enjoy these last few weeks.

Pauline said...

I'm glad things are going so well for you! And "baby bug"! As you said it is interesting about the Strep B thing. Brannon hit 100% so far, so...